Guardianship Over Minors

Aren’t My Child’s Godparents Automatically the Guardians?

In Massachusetts, the term “godparent” is a religious designation, not a legal designation for guardians. To ensure that the people you want to serve as guardians of your minor children are appointed after you are gone, you must have a legal guardianship plan in place. For more information about appointing guardians for your minor children, contact Andrew Garcia at (508) 998-0800 or at [email protected]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *